This meeting, we will elect our club officers for the next year. Official business starts at 7:00 PM; come earlier to order your food and exchange flying stories and other rumors! Additional items for discussion as follows:
- Kurt Thams will talk a little about the role of the Flight Committee.
- Search for replacement glider (Aki has some suggestions).
- Club insurance.
- Election of Officers: elected/nominated as follows:
- President: Gianni D. Leonarduzzi
- VP/Secretary: Quest Richlife
- Maintenance Chairman: Alan Stormes
- Treasurer: Harry Fox
- Sale of 9JH: continues, ad to be renewed; Jonathan has a student (VJ) that may be interested
- New Glider: Sponsor Members OK the purchase of a new glider as identified by Aki: details to be defined and communicated by email to the group
- Harry will circulate a proposal to all members for those who are interested in loaning funds to BASA to support the purchase of the new glider
- Harry will provide a count of parachutes that can be sold on ebay; will examine values and report back
- Insurance: we do not have coverage for our own gliders: Aki will research and report back; question raised is: should we raise our current deductible?
- Gliders: All gliders are back in Hollister
- 1CH: speaker need to be replaced (Peter R. ship captain)
- 5KM: left gear door still off, brakes need to be bled
- 6DS: Jonathan will look and possibly fix small issue with radio
- Both DG’s are due in December: Peter to confirm; Magnum Aviation can do the annuals and fix the gear door/brakes for 5KM
- GDL will work with Alan to set up
Membership Report (Marty Michael)
This month we have:
- 1 new member application
- Karl Mendes - Karl is from San Francisco. He has flown at Hollister, Crazy Creek, and Truckee. In the past 5 years he has had 55.5 hours with 24.9 in the last 90 days. These hours are split between G103 and ASK21.
- No other inquires this month
- 1 member has left
- Gunther Hagleitner
Note: The bylaws state that new members will be admitted with the consent and approval of the sponsor members. Therefore, sponsor members have 30 days to object; otherwise, membership status will be automatically confirmed.
Sponsor Membership(s) for sale
Lisa Corsetti - email@example.com
BASA has 6 sponsor memberships available for sale.
(to purchase a sponsor membership, please contact these individual(s) directly, and once a price is negotiated, the transaction is done through the BASA Treasurer, Harry Fox)